TOKYO – December 2, 2013 - Works Applications, Japan’s largest ERP software provider, held its COMPANY Forum 2013 events, Japan's largest conference for executives managing back office operations, last month at Herbis Osaka and at Tokyo Midtown Hall. The events had more than 1,500 participants for the two days.
Until only about 10 years ago, departments handling human resources, accounting, and public relations had few external communications and work spanning companies or departments was exceedingly limited. Works Applications, which supports cost reductions for back office operations such as these, viewed this situation as problematic, and in response started holding its annual COMPANY Forum events. The conferences have been organized since 2003.
The COMPANY Forums offer a venue where executives involved in back office operations can come together and discuss the challenges and opportunities affecting the future of business. At the events, global business leaders present on various themes, including the year's trends.
As COMPANY Forum celebrated its 10-year anniversary this year, presentations were given by representatives in various fields on the theme of how the changes in IT impact today’s businesses and what roles the CIO and IT departments should now fulfill.
In addition, Filippo Passerini, current CIO of the world's largest manufacturer of consumer products Procter & Gamble (P & G) and an inductee to the CIO Hall of Fame, gave the keynote address on what kind of leader should be sought now and what kind of vision should be drawn against the background of Japan's domestic downturn and rapid changes of technology.
Agenda for COMPANY Forum 2013
- Greetings - Masayuki Makino, Executive Director and CEO, Works Applications Co., Ltd.
- Keynote address - What an organization should be to continue creating value - Filippo Passerini, CIO; Group President, Global Business Services; Chief Information Officer, Procter & Gamble
- Sense for creating strategic stories - Ken Kusunoki, Professor, Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy (ICS: International Corporate Strategy), Hitotsubashi University
- Light and shadow of advanced technologies: What IT organizations should be like in order to prevail in the digital world - Nobuhiko Hidaka, Gartner Japan Ltd.
- Shifting from the knowledge of just creating accounting information to the wisdom of how to use the accounting information. Case studies: Uniqlo/Zara, Seven & i, and Aeon - Norimitsu Takadabashi, Professor/Doctor of Economics, Professional Graduate School of International Accounting Research Department, Chuo University
- Globalization of Japanese companies and personnel issues - Yosuke Yagi, Executive Vice President, LIXIL Group Corporation
- Should you select packaged software? COMPANY? Works Applications? Building a skillful relationship between Human Resources Department and business applications - Masaaki Shimada, Director and Business Division Manager, Oji Business Center Co., Ltd.
- A COMPANY user talks about "Conforming to changes in the IT environment. Toward the IT department of a new era" Cloud first, ERP package introduction, IT integration of group companies. What is the new partnership with user departments? - Shinichi Miyamoto, Information Systems Manager of Planning Management Division and Business Reform Promotion Project of Business Reform Promotion Dept., Misawa Homes Co., Ltd.
- Globalization of the IT Department and personnel in Japanese companies (Concept and history thus far) - Shinya Suda, Manager, Corporate IT Department, Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Organizations for fostering the true IT human resources that are needed now: 9 technologies that will drive innovation in IT departments - Tsukasa Makino, Secretary of Investigation Planning Group and Secretary of IT Planning Department, Corporate Planning Department, Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.
- Strategic accounting recommendations: Early adoption of IFRS and effective utilization of management information - Toshihiko Otsuka, Manager, Accounting Department, Rakuten, Inc.
- Group management and the infrastructure to support it - (Company system, management indicators, administration, human resource development) Our company's case - Kimio Kitamura, Accounting Manager, Executive Officer, ITOCHU Corporation
- Long-established manufacturers with a history of 160 years speak up: Behind the scenes of a revamped new accounting system: Initiatives for the optimization and sophistication of finance and accounting in multiple group companies - Takashi Uchida, Accounting Department, General Affairs Management Division, Administrative Headquarters, Kanko Gakuseifuku Co., Ltd.
- Internet advertising that sells: How to make internet advertising that is 100% certain to be effective and increase sales - Kato Koichi Leo, President, Ureru Net Advertising Inc.
- Global human resources development in Horiba - Katsuhiko Ito, Manager, Global Human Resources Department, HORIBA, Ltd.
- Points regarding the construction of an enterprise information sharing environment - Takamatsu Masataka, Sales Department Technical Support Team, Ariel Networks, Inc.
- Case study: Introduction of "COMPANY" at Konoike Transport Co. Ltd.: For increasing efficiency of human resources work and fostering strategic personnel - Kengo Akamine, Human Resources Department, Konoike Transport Co., Ltd.
- CIO special public roundtable discussion: Information technology and promotion systems to contribute to business
Shinya Suda, Manager, Corporate IT Department, Astellas Pharma Inc.
Nobuhiro Matsumori, Corporate Planning Division, Sysmex Corporation
Ryo Shimizu, Manager, Information Systems Department, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation
Katsumi Noguchi, Executive Officer (in charge of general affairs, finance, and systems), Nihon Kotsu Co., Ltd.
Naoki Togawa, Deputy Editor, Nikkei Information Strategy, Nikkei Business Publications, Inc.
- CFO special public roundtable discussion: Innovation of the "now" by accounting and finance departments
Kazushi Ishikawa, Manager of Accounting Center, Executive Officer, Suntory Business Expert Limited
Katsunori Hashimoto, Director and Senior Managing Executive Officer, President's Office, Du Pont Kabushiki Kaisha
Tsutomu Mannari, Manager, CFO Accounting Department, Haier Asia Co., Ltd.
Ichiro Waki, CPA and Managing Director, Japan Business Assurance Co., Ltd. (JBA Group)
- Real thoughts on the future of EC business: EC business operators talk: Raw discussion of true feelings
Toshiro Morisaki, Logistics/EC Management Department, Tay Two Co., Ltd.
Hideki Hasegawa, Manager, IT Commerce Department, Executive Officer, Tokyu Hands Inc. and President, Hands Lab Inc.
Keiji Fukumoto, Office Manager, e Business Promotion Office, Management Headquarters, Rinnai Corporation
Moderator: Hidenobu Kosaki, Executive Advisor, EC Series Product Development, Works Applications Co., Ltd.
About Works Applications
Works Applications was founded in 1996. Its ERP software package system, COMPANY is used by more than 7,000 organizations to support their core businesses. Works Applications holds nearly 35 percent market share in Japan, the largest of any ERP provider in that market. The company serves customers in all major industries, including healthcare, education, manufacturing, energy and transportation; customers include 1,000 of the largest Japanese brand name companies and subsidiaries. Works Applications employs 3,000+ people worldwide, with offices in Tokyo, Shanghai, Singapore, New York, Los Angeles, and Chennai.